Smothered Mexican Lasagna
- 2 lbs ground chicken/turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced black olives
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream for topping
- 1/4 cup salsa for topping
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place ground chicken/turkey in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in onions, taco seasoning mix, diced tomatoes with juice and green chiles with juice. Reduce heat to medium and cook through.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta and eggs. Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture on tortillas. Spoon 1/2 of the meat mixture over the cheese. Next sprinkle beans and olives on and finally a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat layers until all is used up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
Pretty easy to substitute low-fat/low calorie versions of most of the ingredients to really reduce the calories without affecting how good this is.